As we respond to the Coronavirus/COVID-19:
- PLUMBING PERMITS are accepted via U.S. Mail., or can be dropped off at the back entrance (please ring bell). Your permit and receipt will be mailed back to you.
- DUE TO A COVID-19 EXPOSURE IN OUR PLUMBING DEPARTMENT we are unable to conduct residential plumbing inspections at this time. We can only conduct outdoor commercial inspections with proper social distancing. Please contact Jerry Frederick, Chief Plumbing Inspector at email@example.com.
- Plumbing inspection paperwork, images, and video can now be sent in for review using the form below. Please see below regarding "Virtual Plumbing Inspections."
Please call 513-863-1770 with questions. We are experiencing a high call volume due to the COVID-19 response. If you are unable to speak with someone, leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
According to Ohio Plumbing Code it is required that all necessary permits be obtained for any applicable plumbing, water and sewage systems prior to starting work on any of these systems. This includes any plumbing work being done on additions or basement finishes to pre-existing constructed homes and businesses. The Butler County General Health District issues all plumbing permits for Butler County unless it falls under the jurisdiction of Hamilton City or Middletown City. It is also understood that NO dwelling shall be occupied until final tests and inspections have been completed for plumbing, water and sewage systems. It is also understood that any approval given on the basis of false or inaccurate information shall be void.
Re-inspection fees can occur if deemed necessary by the Butler County General Health District.
Plumbing and Medical Gas Permit fees are updated annually. For a current list of Plumbing and Medical Gas Permit fees see our Fees, Forms, and Applications page.
Virtual Plumbing Inspections
Due to our office being closed to the public in response to COVID-19, we are currently accepting pictures and videos of remodels (occupied residential only). Please email our Chief Plumbing Inspector Jerry Frederick at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form below to submit the required information. If you have questions, please call us at (513) 863-1770.
The Ohio Revised Code Construction Industry License Board chapter 4740.01-4740.99 states that all Licensed Professionals must have their State of Ohio Contractors License if doing commercial work. If you are going to be doing any kind of commercial work, please send a copy of your Ohio State Contractors License with your registration fees so we may keep it on file.
Effective January 1, 2015
To register in Butler County, you must pay an annual fee (due by January 1 of each calendar year). There are four different registrations that a person may hold in Butler County, titles and fees are as follows:
- Master Plumber and Public Water Line and/or Sewer Line Contractor - $100.00
- Journeyman Plumber registrations - $25.00 (Master Plumbers are also required to register any Journeyman in addition to their Master Plumbing registration)
- Household Sewage System Installer - $75.00
- Septage Hauler - $75.00 registration fee + $15.00 per additional truck
- Service Provider - $75.00.
Notice - Unregistered Professionals
All professionals performing sewage or plumbing work are required by the Ohio Revised Code/Administrative Code to be registered with the local health district where they are working. Please see our Fees, Forms, and Applications page for a list of professionals registered with the Butler County Health District.