Extras Toggle


As we respond to the Coronavirus/COVID-19: PLUMBING PERMITS will only be accepted via U.S. Mail. Same-day plumbing inspections will temporarily be scheduled NEXT DAY.  No plumbing inspections will be conducted inside the home; new construction ONLY.  Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.  

Please call 513-863-1770 with questions. We are experiencing a high call volume due to the COVID-19 response. If you are unable to speak with someone, leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

According to Ohio Plumbing Code it is required that all necessary permits be obtained for any applicable plumbing, water and sewage systems prior to starting work on any of these systems. This includes any plumbing work being done on additions or basement finishes to pre-existing constructed homes and businesses. The Butler County General Health District issues all plumbing permits for Butler County unless it falls under the jurisdiction of Hamilton City or Middletown City.

It is also understood that NO dwelling shall be occupied until final tests and inspections have been completed for plumbing, water and sewage systems. It is also understood that any approval given on the basis of false or inaccurate information shall be void.

Re-inspection fees can occur if deemed necessary by the Butler County General Health District.

For a list of Plumbing and Medical Gas Permit fees see our forms/applications page.

The Ohio Revised Code Construction Industry License Board chapter 4740.01-4740.99 states that all Licensed Professionals must have their State of Ohio Contractors License if doing commercial work. If you are going to be doing any kind of commercial work, please send a copy of your Ohio State Contractors License with your registration fees so we may keep it on file.

To register in Butler County you must pay an annual fee due by January 1 of each calendar year.

Effective January 1, 2015

There are four different registrations that a person may hold in Butler County, titles and fees are as follows: Master Plumber and Public Water Line and/or Sewer Line Contractor $100.00, Household Sewage System Installer $75.00, Septage Hauler (which are $75.00 registration fee and $15.00 per truck not including the first truck) and Service Provider $75.00. Master Plumbers are also required to register any Journeyman in addition to their Master Plumbing registration. Journeyman registrations are $25.00 per Journeyman. If you have any questions regarding registrations please call the Butler County General Health District (513) 863-1770 Monday-Friday between 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.

Plumbers can save the world...again! ( Article posted 06/22/2018)

All professionals performing sewage or plumbing work are required by the Ohio Revised Code/Administrative Code to be registered with the local health district where they are working.  The individuals listed here are the ONLY professionals registered with the Butler County Health District.
We advise the public to USE ONLY REGISTERED OR LICENSED PROFESSIONALS to do sewage or plumbing work. The public is advised NOT to use persons if they are not listed here. If you have a question about someone who may have registered after publication of this list, please call our office and ask about their registration status (513-863-1770). Persons performing plumbing or sewage work in Butler County while unregistered will be turned over to the Prosecutor's Office for further action.
If you know of persons performing work in Butler County who are not registered, please file a complaint with us! Your complaint can be made anonymously, but please provide enough information, including a date when the work was done, and a location, so that we can provide follow-up. You may file a complaint in writing by clicking on the Contact Us link on our website: http://health.bcohio.us/contact_us/index.php , or by sending an email to BOH@butlercountyohio.org, or by letter. We are unable to take complaints by phone.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping the people of Butler County healthy!