Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
BUTLER COUNTY COVID-19 EPIDEMIOLOGY REPORT, 9.21.2020
The report includes information about all deaths, including summary statistics about all races, all ages, all zip codes and a graph of each date when death(s) occurred in Butler County. This allows the public and officials to identify trends.
MIAMI UNIVERSITY CASE REPORT
These cases listed represent only those that the Health District verified to be unique, individual cases associated with Miami University. The information previously captured in the Miami University Case Report can be found on the last few pages of the Butler County Epidemiology Report.
CLASS A DISEASE REPORTING PHONE NUMBER (24/7): 1-877-774-4636
|Confirmed Cases*||Probable Cases**||Total Cases***|
*Confirmed Case: A case with or without symptoms that has tested positive by a standard PCR test.
**Probable Case: A case with symptoms who has close contact with a positive case or in a setting with widespread COVID-19, or, a case with symptoms who has tested positive using other types of lab tests such as antigen testing or antibody testing, or a case with no symptoms who has tested positive using other types of lab tests AND an epidemiological link to known cases.
***Total Cases: The total of confirmed and probable cases combined. Includes cases from Miami University.
|Miami University Total Cases|
Miami University Cases: A case linked to Miami University outbreak. Includes students on all campuses. Cases are included in the Butler County confirmed and total cases.
Miami University Oxford Campus Dashboard
The University will update this dashboard in a timely manner as information becomes available and is verified. Past entries will be adjusted as necessary to reflect the most accurate information available.
Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Dashboard
Case numbers may not be the same as the Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Dashboard due to delays in reporting.
Research has shown that cloth masks can block these respiratory droplets. To help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in Ohio, masks or face coverings, with some exceptions, are required in public places and in
K-12 schools. Face shields have not been shown to be an adequate substitute.
CLICK HERE FOR: Mandated Facial Covering Order for Ohio
CLICK HERE FOR: FAQ on the Mask/Face Covering Order
CLICK HERE FOR AN INFOGRAPHIC ON: How to Properly Use a Mask
In short, face coverings must be worn:
1. In any indoor location that is not a residence, including K-12 schools and other childcare education settings;
2. Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of 6 feet or more from individuals who are not members of their household; or
3. Waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, a taxi, car service or ride sharing vehicle.
CLICK HERE FOR: Ohio Department of Health, News Release: The Use of Face Shields Not Appropriate Substitute for Masks, 8.15.2020
CLICK HERE FOR: Face Shields COVID-19 FAQ
We will take all complaints from the public about persons not wearing masks, and will follow up as we are able.
Individuals inquiring about lawsuits in regards to the mask order should contact the Governor's Office directly.
Butler County: LEVEL 3/RED
As of 9/14/2020
Very high exposure and spread. Limit activities as much as possible.
Need a Mask? Click Here for a List of Locations for Free Disposable Masks
Disposable masks are provided to Butler County residents on behalf of your Public Health and Public Safety Partners in Butler County.The distribution will continue until the supply of masks is gone.
Click here to visit the COVID-19 Ohio Testing Map for information regarding various testing options in Butler County and the surrounding area
TESTING OPTIONS IN BUTLER COUNTY
At this time Butler County General Health District cannot do testing at our facilities.
Primary Health Solutions
Offering coronavirus testing to the communities we serve. Testing is available for anyone with or without health insurance and is at no cost to the individual. For those with health insurance, insurance will be billed.
Offers curbside COVID-19 testing at the Middletown location on 231 N Breiel Blvd. Testing is available for anyone with or without health insurance and is at no cost to the individual. For those with health insurance, insurance will be billed.
Cincinnati Testing Sites
TESTING GUIDANCE AND FAQ
Get tested today
Waiting for and Receiving COVID-19 Test Results
Guidance on Interpreting COVID-19 Test Results
COVID-19 antibody test collections (blood draw) are available through LabCorp at all locations, including LabCorp at Walgreens locations. This type of COVID-19 test is for individuals who think they may have had COVID-19 and do not have symptoms. Note: antibody testing should not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or exclude infection.
Click here to schedule an appointment for an antibody test ($10)
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COVID-19 AND THE FLU?
Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by infection with a new coronavirus (called SARS-CoV-2) and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses. Because some of the symptoms of flu and COVID-19 are similar, it may be hard to tell the difference between them based on symptoms alone, and testing may be needed to help confirm a diagnosis. Flu and COVID-19 share many characteristics, but there are some key differences between the two.
While more is learned every day, there is still a lot that is unknown about COVID-19 and the virus that causes it. To learn more about the flu, visit the CDC's webpage by clicking here.
Click here for a printable version of the below chart.
|Signs and Symptoms||Cold||Influenza (Flu)||Coronavirus COVID-19|
|Shortness of breath||--||--||In severe cases|
|Loss of taste or smell||--||--||Sometimes|
OHIO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COVID-19 CALL CENTER
Open 7 days a week from 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Call center staff includes licensed nurses and infectious disease experts. They will be available to answer questions and provide accurate information about COVID-19, the risk to the public, and the state’s response.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for document:
Documents sorted by _RECORDID in Descending Order within category
Butler County COVID-19 Epidemiology Report30 documents
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 9.21.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 9.17.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 9.11.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report and Miami University Total Cases, 9.4.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 8.24.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 8.18.2020
- GIS Map: COVID-19 cases in Butler County, 3.11.20 - 7.15.20
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 8.4.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 07.28.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 7.21.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 7.14.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report 7.07.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 6.30.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 6.24.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 6.16.2020
- ButlerCounty Epidemiology Report, 6.9.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 6.2.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 5.26.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 5.19.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 5.13.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 5.06.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 4.29.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 4.22.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 4.13.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 4.9.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 4.6.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 4.2.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 3.30.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 3.25.2020
- Butler County Epidemiology Report, 3.23.2020
Miami University Case Reports1 document
Press Releases44 documents
- COVID-19 Guidance on Homecoming Parades and Dances, 9.24.2020
- Stay Safe Guidance for Halloween, 9.22.2020
- ODH News Release -- COVID19 and Halloween 2020
- Collaboration Efforts Continue as Miami University Students Return to Campus, 9.10.2020
- Butler County General Health District and Miami University Urge Community to Comply with Health Standards This Labor Day Weekend, 9.2.2020
- Increases in COVID-19 Cases at Miami University, 8.26.2020
- Miami University student-athletes instructed to quarantine for 14 days, 8.25.2020
- Miami University student-athletes to quarantine for 14 days, 8.24.2020
July 20205 documents
- Butler County COVID-19 Risk Level Remains in the Red, 7.17.2020
- Butler County at Level 3/Red According to Public Health Advisory Alert System for COVID-19, 7.13.2020
- BUTLER COUNTY RESIDENTS AND VISITORS NOW MANDATED BY GOVERNOR TO WEAR MASKS/FACE COVERINGS 7.7.2020
- Ohio's new COVID-19 Public Health Advisory Alerting System ranks Butler County at a level 3, 7.2.2020
- COVID-19 Test Options Expand in Butler County, 7.1.2020
June 20201 document
May 20205 documents
- Health District Investigates COVID-19 Cases Linked to Social Gatherings in Oxford, 5.23.20
- Public Health teams up with Butler County Chambers of Commerce and Economic Development, 5.20.20
- CORRECTION NOTICE. Spike in COVID-19 cases in Butler County: Not Just Because of Testing, 5.14.20
- First COVID-19 Related Death in Butler County Under 60 Years of Age, Ninth Death in County Overall, 5.6.20 -9th - 5.6.2020.pdf
- Seventh COVID-19 Related Death in Butler County, 5.4.20
April 202016 documents
- Butler County Board of Commissioners to Host Press Conference on COVID-19, 4.30.20
- Sixth COVID-19 Related Death in Butler County, 4.29.20
- Fifth COVID-19 Related Death in Butler County, 4.27.20
- Potential Increase in Overdose Activity, 4.23.20
- Fourth COVID-19 Related Death in Butler County, 4.22.20
- Public Health Considers Options for Housing - A tiered approach to be used, 4.18.20
- T-shirts Bring Attention to "Stay at Home" Order, 4.15.20
- Is a Fulfillment Center an Essential Business in Butler County? 5.14.20
- Third COVID-19 Related Death in Butler County, 4.13.20
- Butler County Board of Commissioners to Host Press Conference on Friday, 4.10.20
- Church Service Should Look Different During COVID-19, 4.8.20
- PPE and Homemade Mask Donations, 4.4.2020
- Butler County COVID-19 Related Deaths, 4.3.2020
- Butler County COVID-19 Press Conference, 4.3.2020 at 10:30 AM
- Who Determines an Essential Business, 4.1.2020
- UPDATED Media Advisory COVID-19, 4.1.20
March 20204 documents
February 20202 documents
Community Resources and Holiday Guidance6 documents
Schools and Child Education Settings4 documents
Masks and Facial Coverings10 documents
- How to Properly Use a Mask
- Face Shields FAQ
- CDC Guidance on Masks
- Checklist on Cloth Face Coverings
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Masks and Children During COVID-19
- Ohio Department of Health Order: Requiring the Use of Facial Coverings in Child Education Settings
- Order on Facial Coverings throughout State Ohio
- Mask Health Order FAQ, 7.23.20
- Locations for Free Disposable Masks in Butler County
- Masks Reduce Airborne Transmission Aerosol, 6.15.20
Long Term Care Facilities3 documents
Guidance for Businesses, Restaurants, Campgrounds and Childcare8 documents
Printable Posters and Flyers14 documents
- Properly wear mask 8.20.20 FINAL.pdf
- Responsible RestartOhio Protocols
- COVID-19 Symptoms Infographic
- Self Monitor and Social Distancing
- Wash Your Hands Poster Size: 8.5"W x 11"H
- Stay Home from Work When Sick - English Size: 24"W x 36"H
- Stay Home From Work When Sick - Espanol Size: 24"W x 36"H
- Stay Home from Work When Sick - English Size: 8.5"W x 11"H
- Stay Home From Work When Sick - Espanol Size: 8.5"W x 11"H
- Stay Home From Work When Sick - English Size: 11"W x 8.5"H
- Stay Home From Work When Sick - Espanol Size: 11"W x 8.5"H
- How to Safely Wear and Take off a Cloth Face Covering Size: 8.5"W x 11"H
- Stop the Spread of Germs Size: 8.5"W x 11"H
- How to Protect Yourself and Others Size: 8.5"W x 11"H
Ohio Public Health Advisory System 10 documents
- Case Rates by County, 9.24.2020
- Top 20 Ohio Counties Ranked by Highest Occurrence, 9.17.2020
- Case Rates by County, 9.17.20
- Public Health Advisory System Ohio Map, 9.17.2020
- Public Health Advisory System Ohio Map, 9.10.2020
- COVID-19 Case Rates Per County as of 9.9.2020
- County Level Indicator Breakdown, 9.4.2020
- Summary of Alert Indicators, 7.2.20
- Risk Level Guidelines for the Public, 7.2.20
- Combined PDF of all Public Health Advisory System Documents, 7.2.20
Health Advisories2 documents
Local, State, Federal and Global Organizations7 documents
- The Path to Zero: Key Metrics For COVID-19 Suppression
- Ohio Department of Health Website on Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control Website on Coronavirus
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- World Health Organization Website on Coronavirus
- Harm Reduction Coalition: Safer Drug Use During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Harm Reduction Coalition: COVID-19 Guidance for Harm Reduction Programs