Response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Recently Traveled to China?
Please Take our Voluntary Travel Registration HERE.
The Butler County General Health District (BCGHD), Ohio Department of Health (ODH), in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is closely monitoring the 2019 novel (new) coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in December 2019. See this Coronavirus Fact Sheet or Coronavirus FAQ - Chinese Translation for more information on the Novel Coronavirus: COVID-19
There are no confirmed cases in Butler County, Ohio.
Situation Updates from Butler County General Health District:
As of 2/14/2020 @ 1130AM
- As of 2/13/2020 BCGHD will utilize the name COVID-19 for the novel coronavirus in line with the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH).
Information From Previous Updates:
(All previous updates are also available in PDF versions in the document section below)
- BCGHD is continuing to engage in twice weekly conference calls with ODH and other Local Health Departments to monitor the situation in Ohio and elsewhere in the Country.
- BCGHD is staying actively involved in workgroups within Southwest Ohio that are continuing to interpret guidance from our State and Federal partners, identify gaps in planning measures, and share response strategies.
- BCGHD will be working with the CDC Division of Global Migration and Quarantine and ODH to monitor any travelers reported to BCGHD.
- BCGHD has developed a voluntary Traveler Survey for individuals who have recently traveled to China. This survey allows BCGHD staff to follow-up with these individuals and provide guidance. The survey is available on the BCGHD website.
Butler County General Health Distrct can be reached at (513) 863-1770
Risk to the general public remains low, and the CDC recommends Americans use typical infectious disease precautions, just as those used to prevent cold or flu:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover coughs/sneezes with your arm or a tissue.
- Avoid exposure to others who are sick.
- Stay home when you are ill.
Ohio Department of Health Website on Coronavirus
Centers for Disease Control Website on Coronavirus
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
World Health Organization Website on Coronavirus
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for document:
Documents sorted by _RECORDID in Descending Order within category
Press Releases5 documents
- ODH Press Release Person Under Investigation for Novel Coronavirus 2.05.2020
- Results of two Butler County 2019 Novel Coronavirus Tests: Negative 2.02.2020
- Miami University President Letter to the Miami Community 1.28.2020
- The Health Collaborative Press Release on Possible Novel Coronavirus Cases in Ohio
- Butler County General Health Distrct Press Release on Persons Under Investigation 1.28.2020
Miami University Daily Situational Updates 1.27.20 - 2.3.2010 documents
- Situational Update - 2.3.2020
- Situational Update - NEGATIVE RESULTS - 2.2.20
- Situational Update - Press Conference - 2.2.2020
- Media Advisory: Press Confernce 2.2.20, 7 PM (EST)
- Situational Update - 2.1.2020
- Situational Update - 1.31.20
- Situational Update - 1.30.20
- Situational Update - Miami University Institutional Response Team - 1.29.2020
- Situational Update - MIami University Letter to Community - 1.29.2020
- Situational Update - 1.28.2020