Maternal & Infant Health
Reaching More First Birthdays!
To inspire change & empower families so all babies reach their 1st birthday… and beyond!
Helping Butler County babies survive and thrive through education, advocacy, collaboration, and action.
The Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality (PRIM), a group of over 100 community partners, met to analyze data related to infant deaths in our county in order to understand what factors play a role in our high level of infant mortality. The analysis showed that lower income families are impacted more often by infant deaths of all causes, and that black and Hispanic families are impacted more often than white families. Most often infant deaths in our county are due to three things: prematurity, lack of prenatal care, and sleep related deaths. These are all complicated issues.
The Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality met around the community in 8 specific Work Teams. These were:
- Smoking Cessation
- Centering Pregnancy
- Safe Sleep
- Breast Feeding Support
- Teen Pregnancy Reduction
- Father Involvement
- Faith-Based Support
- Leadership Team
Based on community input, on what the research says about the factors impacting infant mortality and prematurity, and on our current capabilities/resources, we have chosen two projects to be implemented and measured over several years: a county-wide smoking cessation program, and a Centering Pregnancy program.
Additionally, we will be conducting a campaign to educate about safe sleep practices and will distribute cribs to those who need them. All of these programs have the potential to impact Butler County infants and their families in a multitude of positive ways. We hope that you will join us!
If you are interested in finding out more or assisting with this effort, please call Tracy Bishop Maternal and Child Health Manager and leader at PRIM meetings.
To follow Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality on social media, go to our Facebook page.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for document:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality15 documents
- 2018 Butler County PRIM Annual Infant Mortality Report
- Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality Quarterly Data Report Quarter 1 (October-December 2018)
- Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality Quarterly Data Report Quarter 4 (July-September 2018)
- Community Progesterone Survey Report- October 2018
- 6 Local Zip codes targeted in infant mortality fight 09/04/2018
- Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality Quarterly Data Report Quarter 3 (April-June 2018)
- Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality Quarterly Data Report Quarter 2 (January-March 2018)
- Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality Quarterly Data Report Quarter 1 (October-December 2017)
- Social Determinants of Infant Mortality Executive Summary- December 2017
- Moms and Babies First (formerly High Hopes)-November 2017
- Butler County Profile for Infant Mortality, 2016 Data
- Butler County Community Health Assessment: Infant Mortality, Child and Family Health- July 2015
- Ohio Infant Mortality Reduction Initiative Overview- December 2014
- Butler County Chart Book on Infant Mortality- March 2014
- Ohio Infant Mortality Reduction Initiative Program Fact Sheet- April 2013