Environmental Health Division
Services include education, evaluation, inspection and/or consultation on issues which have an impact on the environmental public health concerns of the community. The service of our staff is available to residents, contractors, organizations, and businesses.
If you are seeking assistance with permits, licenses, inspections, or consulting services, contact our office to speak to a representative. Our staff is most accessible for questions Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Professionals Working in Sewage and Plumbing
If you have a question about someone who may have registered after publication of this list, please call our office at 513-863-1770 and ask about their registration status. Persons performing plumbing or sewage work in Butler County while unregistered will be turned over to the Prosecutor's Office for further action.
If you know of persons performing work in Butler County who are not registered, please file a complaint with us. When filing a complaint please provide enough information, including a date when the work was done, a location, so that we can provide follow-up. Complaints can be made anonymously. You may file a complaint in writing by clicking on the Contact Us link on our website: http://health.bcohio.us/contact_us/index.php, or by sending an email to BOH@butlercountyohio.org or by letter. We are unable to take complaints by phone.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping the people of Butler County healthy!
There are currently no enforcement actions for public pools, schools, campgrounds, food services and body art at this time.
Online public access to field inspection reports Coming soon!
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for document:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Bonds (2018)5 documents
Registered ProfessionalsNo documents
Food Service10 documents
- Food Safety Link for the Public
- Food Saftey For Power Outages
- Facility Layout & Equipment Review (Guidelines) & Review Application
- Level 1 Food Safety
- Cottage Foods
- Providers of Person-In-Charge (PIC) Certification in Food Protection (formerly "level one") & Manager Certification in Food Protection (formerly "level two") Food Safety Training
- Mobile Plan Review Guidelines & Application
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Food Information
- Food Saftey Code
- Guidelines and Application for a Temporary Food Service License
Private Water8 documents
- PFAS (Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) Factsheet
- Water System Permit
- Steps for Constructing a Private Water System
- Requirements for sealing Abandonment Private Wells or Keeping a Private Well after connecting to Public Water or Drilling a New Well - FAQ's
- Disinfection of Water Well
- Water Quality Information
- Private Water Rules
- Septic Permit
- Septic Tank Abandonment Permit
- Sewage Treatment Systems Regulation
- Sewage Treatment FAQ
- Sewage Contractor Test Link
- Aerobic Unit Maintenance
- Sewage System Operation Survey
- Contractor Testing Requirements
- Operation & Maintenance Assesment Report
- 2019 Home Sewage Treatment System Letter
- 2019 Home Sewage Treatment System Application
- NPDES Information for Homeowners
- Sewage System Rules
- Health Review for Zoning Variance Approval (use if your local zoning department is requesting)
- Sanitation Review for Deed Transfer (Lot Split)
- Variance Application (use when requesting the Board of Health to allow a deviation from rule)
- Application for Site Review for Household Sewage Treatment System (HSTS)
- Installer Registration Letter & Application 2020
- Service Provider Letter & Application 2020
- Septage Hauler Letter & Application 2020