As we respond to the Coronavirus/COVID-19:
ALL ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE APPLICATIONS are currently accepted via U.S. mail. If you would like to drop off and/or discuss your paperwork with an inspector in person, please call (513) 863-1770 to schedule an appointment.
Please call 513-863-1770 with questions. We are experiencing a high call volume due to the COVID-19 response. If you are unable to speak with someone, leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
COVID-19 MASK AND FACIAL COVERING
Individuals inquiring about lawsuits in regards to the mask order should contact the Governor's Office directly.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH DIVISION
Services include education, evaluation, inspection and/or consultation on issues which have an impact on the environmental public health concerns of the community. The service of our staff is available to residents, contractors, organizations, and businesses.
If you are seeking assistance with permits, licenses, inspections, or consulting services, contact our office to speak to a representative. Our staff is most accessible for questions Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Campground, Food Establishment, and Recreational Water inspections since March 2020 are available on the website. Inspections from the previous five years and for other programs are available at the Butler County General Health District upon request.
Inspection reports may not be representative of the overall, long-term conditions within a facility. Inspection information provided shows only the conditions of the facility at the time of the inspection. It is a “snapshot” of the day and time that the inspection occurred. A single inspection report should not be used to evaluate the overall operation of an establishment. Looking at a facility’s inspection results over a period of time gives a more accurate picture of that facility’s commitment to compliance.
CLICK HERE TO GET AN INSPECTION REPORT
PLUMBING AND SEPTIC
All professionals performing sewage or plumbing work are required by the Ohio Revised Code/Administrative Code to be registered with the local health district where they are working. Please see our Fees, Forms, and Applications page for a list of professionals registered with the Butler County Health District.
There are currently no enforcement actions for public pools, schools, campgrounds, food services and body art at this time.
CLICK HERE TO GET AN INSPECTION REPORT
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for document:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Bonds (2018)5 documents
Food Service9 documents
- Food Safety Link for the Public
- Food Saftey For Power Outages
- Facility Layout & Equipment Review (Guidelines) & Review Application
- Cottage Foods
- Providers of Person-In-Charge (PIC) Certification in Food Protection (formerly "level one") & Manager Certification in Food Protection (formerly "level two") Food Safety Training
- Mobile Plan Review Guidelines & Application
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Food Information
- Food Saftey Code
- Guidelines and Application for a Temporary Food Service License
Private Water8 documents
- PFAS (Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) Factsheet
- Water System Permit
- Steps for Constructing a Private Water System
- Requirements for sealing Abandonment Private Wells or Keeping a Private Well after connecting to Public Water or Drilling a New Well - FAQ's
- Disinfection of Water Well
- Water Quality Information
- Private Water Rules
- Septic Permit
- Septic Tank Abandonment Permit
- Sewage Treatment Systems Regulation
- Sewage Treatment FAQ
- Sewage Contractor Test Link
- Aerobic Unit Maintenance
- Sewage System Operation Survey
- Contractor Testing Requirements
- Operation & Maintenance Assesment Report
- 2019 Home Sewage Treatment System Letter
- 2019 Home Sewage Treatment System Application
- NPDES Information for Homeowners
- Sewage System Rules
- Health Review for Zoning Variance Approval (use if your local zoning department is requesting)
- Sanitation Review for Deed Transfer (Lot Split)
- Variance Application (use when requesting the Board of Health to allow a deviation from rule)
- Installer Registration Letter & Application 2020
- Service Provider Letter & Application 2020
- Septage Hauler Letter & Application 2020
- 2021 Sewage Installer Registration Letter & Application (Cannot take payment until January 2021)
- 2021 Service Provider Registration Letter & Application (Cannot take payment until January 2021)
- 2021 Septage Hauler Registration Letter & Application (Cannot take payment until January 2021)