ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH DIVISION
Services include education, evaluation, inspection and/or consultation on issues which have an impact on the environmental public health concerns of the community. The service of our staff is available to residents, contractors, organizations, and businesses.
If you are seeking assistance with permits, licenses, inspections, or consulting services, contact our office to speak to a representative. Our staff is most accessible for questions Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Reports from March 2020 to present are available for the following licensed establishments within Butler County (excluding the cities of Hamilton and Middletown):
Food Establishments and Food Trucks
Body Art (Tattoo and Body Piercing)
Public Swimming Pools/Spas
CLICK HERE TO GET AN INSPECTION REPORT
All inspections, including plumbing and septic, completed prior to March 2020 are available upon request.
Inspection reports may not be representative of the overall, long-term conditions within a facility. Inspection information provided shows only the conditions of the facility at the time of the inspection. It is a “snapshot” of the day and time that the inspection occurred. A single inspection report should not be used to evaluate the overall operation of an establishment. Looking at a facility’s inspection results over a period of time gives a more accurate picture of that facility’s commitment to compliance.
PLUMBING AND SEPTIC
All professionals performing sewage or plumbing work are required by the Ohio Revised Code/Administrative Code to be registered with the local health district where they are working. Please see our Fees, Forms, and Applications page for a list of professionals registered with the Butler County Health District.
We advise the public to USE ONLY REGISTERED OR LICENSED PROFESSIONALS to do sewage or plumbing work. The public is advised NOT to use persons if they are not listed on our website. If you have a question about someone who may have registered after publication of this list, please call our office and ask about their registration status (513-863-1770). Persons performing plumbing or sewage work in Butler County while unregistered will be turned over to the Prosecutor's Office for further action.
If you know of persons performing work in Butler County who are not registered, please file a complaint with us in writing via the Contact Us page, by sending an email to BOH@butlercountyohio.org, or a letter by mail.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping the people of Butler County healthy!
There are currently no enforcement actions for public pools, schools, campgrounds, food services and body art at this time.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for document:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Food Service Operation9 documents
- Facility Layout & Equipment Review (Guidelines) & Review Application
- Micromarket Plan Review Application
- Guidelines and Application for a Temporary Food Service License
- Mobile Plan Review Guidelines & Application
- Fire Department Mobile Food Truck Requirements
- Food Truck Fire Fact Sheet
- Providers of Person-In-Charge (PIC) Certification in Food Protection (formerly "level one") & Manager Certification in Food Protection (formerly "level two") Food Safety Training
- Ohio Food Safety Code
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Division of Food Safety
Private Water8 documents
- PFAS (Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) Factsheet
- Water System Permit
- Steps for Constructing a Private Water System
- Requirements for sealing Abandonment Private Wells or Keeping a Private Well after connecting to Public Water or Drilling a New Well - FAQ's
- Disinfection of Water Well
- Water Quality Information
- Private Water Rules
- Septic Permit
- Septic Tank Abandonment Permit
- Sewage Treatment Systems Regulation
- Sewage Treatment FAQ
- Sewage Contractor Test Link
- Aerobic Unit Maintenance
- Sewage System Operation Survey
- Contractor Testing Requirements
- Operation & Maintenance Assesment Report
- NPDES Information for Homeowners
- Sewage System Rules
- Health Review for Zoning Variance Approval (use if your local zoning department is requesting)
- Variance Application (use when requesting the Board of Health to allow a deviation from rule)
- 2021 Sewage Installer Registration Letter & Application (Cannot take payment until January 2021)
- 2021 Service Provider Registration Letter & Application (Cannot take payment until January 2021)
- 2021 Septage Hauler Registration Letter & Application (Cannot take payment until January 2021)
Soil Scientist / Designers1 document
Public Water5 documents
Registered Professionals1 document
- Sewage Haulers, Providers and Installers Updated 6/2/2021