Extras Toggle


Submit a complaint, suggestion, question, or compliment below.

Changes to Services in Response to COVID-19

1. The VACCINE CLINIC is closed until further notice.
2. BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATEcan be obtained by APPOINTMENT ONLY by calling (513) 863-1770.  They can also be ordered over the phone by the City of Hamilton Health Department at (513) 785-7094 or City of Middletown Health Department at (513) 425-7851.  You can also visit VitalChek to place an order online.
4. PLUMBING  PERMITS, HEALTH RELEASES, and FOOD SERVICE APPLICATIONS will only be accepted via U.S. Mail.  Plans and payments can be dropped off at the back entrance (please ring bell).

Animal Bites | Property MaintenanceSmoking | Mold | Infestations | Rodents | Water Damage | Bed Bugs | Mobile Homes | Hospitals/Nursing Homes | Motels | Contact Form

Butler County General Health District

301 South Third Street (corner of Third and Ludlow)
Hamilton, OH 45011
(513) 863-1770


Monday - Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm

The BCGHD observes all federal holidays on the nearest weekday excluding Columbus Day, which is observed the day after Thanksgiving.

Animal Bites

To report a dog, cat, bat, or other animal bite, please complete an Animal Bite Report form and send to us via fax at (513) 863-4372 or email us at boh@butlercountyohio.org. You can also call (513) 863-1770 to report the bite over the phone.

The Butler County General Health District can only handle complaints regarding food service, pool, and campsite facilities.  We also handle complaints regarding private property that involve garbage, septic systems/damage, and mosquitos.  If the complaint involves a property or facility in Hamilton or Middletown city limits, please contact that health department.   

Property Maintenance
Most cities and townships have their own Property Maintenance departments that can help with other issues regarding private property:

Fairfield: (513) 867-5321 | Email
Fairfield Twp: (513) 785-2247 | Website
Liberty Twp: (513) 759-7500 | Website
West Chester: (513) 777-4214 | Website
Oxford: (513) 524-5239 | Web Form 
Wayne Twp: (513) 424-9661 | Website

Smoking in Businesses (Smoke Free Ohio)
To report smoking violations inside public facilities, please contact Ohio Department of Health (ODH) at 1-866-559-OHIO (1-866-559-6446), or visit their website for more information.  

Mold, Infestations, Rodents, Water Damage
Please check landlord/tenant laws and contact legal aid if further help is needed.  You can also contact animal control for large rodents and pests.

Civil & Small Claims Court (Landlord/Tenant): (513) 785-7330
Legal Aid: (513) 241-9400
Ohio Healthy Homes (Mold): (614)289-8812

Bed Bugs
State Fire Marshall: (888) 276-0303

Mobile Homes
Department of Commerce: (614) 466-3902

Hospitals and Nursing Homes
Ohio Department of Health:(800) 342-0555 | Email: HCComplaints@odh.ohio.gov


State Fire Marshall: (614) 752-7196

To submit a complaint regarding a facility, private property, or other issue not listed above, please use the form below.  You can also use this form to ask a question or offer feedback.  You can also send a direct email to boh@butlercountyohio.org.

I would like to: 

Your name:

Your address:
Address Line 2:
City or Town:
State or Province:
Zip or Postal Code:
Your phone:
Your email:
Property Address/Name: 
(if submitting a complaint)