Maternal & Infant Health
Reaching More First Birthdays!
To inspire change & empower families so all babies reach their 1st birthday… and beyond!
Helping Butler County babies survive and thrive through education, advocacy, collaboration, and action.
The Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality (PRIM), a group of over 100 community partners, met to analyze data related to infant deaths in our county in order to understand what factors play a role in our high level of infant mortality. The analysis showed that lower income families are impacted more often by infant deaths of all causes, and that black and Hispanic families are impacted more often than white families. Most often infant deaths in our county are due to three things: prematurity, lack of prenatal care, and sleep related deaths. These are all complicated issues.
The Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality met around the community in 8 specific Work Teams. These were:
- Smoking Cessation
- Centering Pregnancy
- Safe Sleep
- Breast Feeding Support
- Teen Pregnancy Reduction
- Father Involvement
- Faith-Based Support
- Leadership Team
Based on community input, on what the research says about the factors impacting infant mortality and prematurity, and on our current capabilities/resources, we have chosen two projects to be implemented and measured over several years: a county-wide smoking cessation program, and a Centering Pregnancy program.
Additionally, we will be conducting a campaign to educate about safe sleep practices and will distribute cribs to those who need them. All of these programs have the potential to impact Butler County infants and their families in a multitude of positive ways. We hope that you will join us!
If you are interested in finding out more or assisting with this effort, please call Kathryn Yang, 513-887-3808 or Gold-Marie Wontumi, 513-8875227, Co-Leads of PRIM.
To follow Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality on social media, go to our Facebook page.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for document:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality13 documents
- Butler County Profile for Infant Mortality, 2016 Data
- Ohio Infant Mortality Reduction Initiative Program Fact Sheet
- Ohio Infant Mortality Reduction Initiative Overview
- Moms and Babies First (formerly High Hopes)
- Butler County Community Health Assessment: Infant Mortality, Child and Family Health
- Child Fatality Review Report
- Butler County Chart Book on Infant Mortality
- 6 Local Zip codes targeted in infant mortality fight 09/04/2018
- Social Determinants of Infant Mortality Executive Summary
- Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality Quarterly Data Report Quarter 1 (October-December)
- Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality Quarterly Data Report Quarter 2 (January-March)
- Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality Quarterly Data Report Quarter 3 (April-June)
- Community Progesterone Survey Report